Councilmember Dev Davis represents District 6 in San José. Before being elected in 2016, Councilmember Davis spent 12 years as an education researcher for Stanford University's Center for Research on Education Outcomes (CREDO). With a strong interest in community organizing, she served as a Chair of the City of San José's Early Care and Education Committee, a delegate to the Junior League of California’s State Public Affairs Committee, President of the North Willow Glen Neighborhood Association, and Public Relations Chair for the Sherman Oaks Neighborhood Playground Committee.
Councilmember Davis has a bachelor's degree in Economics and master's degrees in Public Policy and Education Policy, Organization & Leadership from Stanford University.
Councilmember Davis currently serves on the following committees:
- City Council Committees:
- Chair of the Ad-Hoc Committee of Development Services
- Vice Chair of the Community & Economic Development Committee
- Member of the Rules Committee
- Member of the Smart Cities & Innovation Committee
- Member of the San Jose/Santa Clara Treatment Plant Advisory Committee (TPAC)
- Council Liaison to the Federated Retirement Board
- Caltrain Joint Powers Board
- San Jose Representative on Joint Powers Board (JPB)
- San Jose Representative on Local Policy Maker Group (LPMG)
- Member of the Ad-Hoc Committee on Positive Train Control/Communications - Based Overlay Signal System (PTC/CBOSS)
- Member of the Centralized Equipment Maintenance & Operations Facilities Oversight Committee (CEMOF)
- Alternate Member for the Board
- Member of the Diridon Station Joint Policy Advisory Board
- Member of the El Camino Real Grand Boulevard Initiative
- Alternate Member for Safety, Security, and Transit Planning and Operations (SSTPO)
- San Jose Sports Authority Board of Directors – City Council Liaison
- San Jose Arena Authority Board of Directors – City Council Liaison
- San Jose Alternate Representative for the League of California Cities
- League of California Cities – Women’s Caucus
Councilmember Davis and her husband Chris have two school-aged children and two dogs. They currently reside in the North Willow Glen Neighborhood.